Well I've signed up to yet another of Shimelle's Classes but this one is different to the rest as it's designed to help make your albums flow better rather than just a class about making pages!
I've read the prompts each day but not had a chance to put any of it into action! So I'm remedying that today before prompt 5 hits my e-mail!
Here's the homework Shimelle set for prompt 1!
1. If you have a system for your photos, pages and albums, how would you describe it? What does and
doesn’t work as well as you would like?
My photos are stored in an RUB box, sorted by year. I need to spend some time organising and sorting my month too so It doesn't take long to find them on the computer to write the exact date on the layout! My pages are organised at the moment into albums by year. I don't scrap chronologically but my pages are stored chronologically, it makes the most sense to me! Since my son was born I've had an album about him and then one about the family. I'm currently thinking about how best to organise 2011 as I've got an album for each of my sons and then one about the family but some of the photos overlap. An example is Halloween, we went to a pumpkin farm for the first time and I've done layout of the eldest picking the pumpkins, one of the 2 of them together sat amongst the pumpkins and then some of the eldest playing on the play equipment. at the moment they are divided into the eldests album and the family one but I'm not sure if I want them to stay this way!
2. If you don’t have a system, consider my system as a rough draught. What things do you already think
you would not want in your own system? What elements seem perfectly sensible for you?
My system is similar to Shimelle's! Although I don't currently have any upgrade albums as I've never gotten round to scrapping the hundreds of photos I take on family holidays. Think that will be my first upgrade album!
3.Take a photo that helps describe your current status with scrapbooking. You might have dozens and
dozens of albums. You might have two. You might be completely happy with your albums. You
might have a big stack and no books or ideas on where things should go. Share your photo (and
more details if you would like) with us either by posting on the forum or writing a blog post. Of
course, you can keep your answer to yourself if you prefer! But I promise we’re a nice group that
shares well with others.
My current status is I have a D-ring album full of half finished pages, most only need a title, journalling and some finishing embellishment so that is my next task, so they can be added to the work in progress albums and I'll be able to see my gaps better!
Would love to know how you currently organise your pages and albums!
1 comment:
Thanks for telling about your system! Me, I store my layouts in the order they were scrapped. This has made sense till just recently, and I think the class will make me totally reorganise my albums and the way I think of my scrapbooking. :)
Post a Comment