Tuesday, 29 March 2011

How do you use your blog?

I keep changing my mind about how best to use this blog! I've recently started another to put pictures and info about my son on which I'll keep private but now I'm debating about what to include on this one.
I'm thinking about mainly using it to record scrapping projects I've completed but with another baby on the way in 6 weeks I'm a little dubious about how much I'll actually get scrapped even though my bedroom is beginning to look like a craft shop and I'm keen to use it and start each month planning on doing more.
It's really fustrating though as I read loads of blogs of women who've got jobs and families and still manage to fit in scrapping time. http://handmade-hannah.blogspot.com/ is one of them. I've been inspired by reading her posts recently but always find myself on the net or organising my scrapping supplies instead of using them!


I've recently decided too finally try and get myself into a routine with the housework as it takes too much energy and time to clear and clean before anyone comes round! I started yesterday and managed to complete 2 of the 5 jobs yesterday. Today hasn't been so good, had a rough nights sleep and the Spd is playing up so not felt like doing much today. Managed 1 job so far and I'm hoping to do another in a minute.
Edited - Just done the dusting in the lounge and off to wipe down the kitchen surfaces in a minute now DH has washed up!
So how do you find time for housework and scrapping. I'd love to know any tips etc

3 comments:

Sian said...

My blog is a complete mix of everyday life and craft projects and stories I've remembered - it's great to be able to look back to what I was writing about a year ago. It's amazing how easy it is to forget.

Rationing my time on the computer is the only organisational tip I have!

WendyB said...

Hi Dawn, I sympathise I really do. I have no idea where all my time flies to because I never seem to have anything to show for it. It seems the more time I have the less I get done. You, however, do have a very valid reason = a 1 year old and another nearly there. I say enjoy a rest while you can :-)

Jimjams said...

Don't put yourself down Dawn - nobody has it all - you only see one facet of people's lives. I am impressed with a couple of teacher-scrapper-bloggers I've come across as I know just how utterly time-consuming teaching can be, but I suspect that a few of them are part-time and certainly don't have toddlers in tow! I don't think that the blogger you mentioned actually has a job does she?

I use my blog to share a few projects, and a few stories and make/maintain a few connections. The key word there is "few". I try to post once a week - and am more than succeeding, but aiming for more is too much pressure.

My scrapping output increases as my surfing decreases too - that's why I like going to crops - chatting while cutting and pasting :D

Housework: well a slow cooker helps, and a rota of different things to be done on different days - little and often - and if all else fails - I'll do it tomorrow (or the day after)!