Saturday, 26 March 2011

Blogging for Scrapbookers

Having followed this Shimelle Class the first time,I decided I'd follow again this time but only post when something interesting hit me!
Today was a funny day, I'd read an e-mail from one of the baby sites I belong too about 8 tips for house cleaning efficently and it fitted in perfectly with some thoughts I'd had over the last couple of days about my lack of routine and inability due to problems with my pelvis in this pregnancy,.
I'd read about FlyLady in the past and decided to join and receive the e-mails to see if it'll help me get organisied before this baby arrives and stay organised once I'm a mum to 2!
Then funnily enough reading Shim's prompt there was a section about some people liking imacculate houses and some not.
It's funny how things seem to tie up in 1 day!
So do you have a cleaning routine or any tips for me to allow me to keep on top of everything!

5 comments:

Sian said...

I tend to do things on certain days of the week but not religiously. I can remember when my kids were little my Granny telling me that the dust would still keep coming even after the babies were grown up and I could worry about it then. I liked that.

Heather said...

Only do what people can see & ignore the rest until you have time or extra help. No-one expects perfection! Even my Mum surprised me when she called to say she was on her way & I said something like "oh &^%$ Im not ready!" she replied "Im not the Queen you know!!".
Keep calm & carry on xx

scrappyjacky said...

I'm afraid I'm the last person to ask this question!!!!My mantra tends to be 'housework won't kill you, but why take the chance'!!

Jimjams said...

I tried Flylady for a while but found it overwhelming. The biggest thing that I find works is always cleaning my kitchen before going to bed - not necessarily at 11 at night - but making sure that it isn't too awful to wake up to in the morning! Somehow that helps me keep a lid on other messes.

Dawn said...

Thanks Ladies for the tips,I've always said that the dust will wait but it's the boxes of stuff and the fact it never looks tidy and I don't feel like I can have friends round so I feel like I'm missing out and with having a new baby soon need to be able to have visitors round without doing a major clear up every time!