To help me remember the important (and not so important) details of the month I take part in A month of Numbers, an idea from Julie over at Notes on paper.
The month started well with our monthly visit to Young Families Together @ Didsbury Community Church, the messy crafts event started with a family tree filled with 100's of handprints from all the attendees including our 3 in the top right of the photo!
1 car service resulted in the purchase of a used Citroen C4!
We celebrated my youngest sister's 21st Birthday with a chinese meal and cake!
My husband and I had 3 child free nights at home whilst our boys stayed at their grandparents over half term, would have been even better if my step-daughter had stayed at her mum's as well
7 1/2 pounds lost this month through following the Slimming World Plan, meaning I achieved my 1/2 stone award and am 1 pound away from my 1 stone award!
2 phone calls talking to student registration and 30 minutes spent doing a diagnostic test for the OU! I'm considering studying for a BSc Health and Social Care but down the Healthcare/Health Sciences route! If you've got any experience of studying as a mature student or as an OU student I'd love to hear your opinions and advice!
2 pairs of earrings made with my own fair hands at our monthly craft club!
Thanks for reading, looking forward to seeing what March brings, hopefully it'll bring more warm weather and lots of fun activities!



10 comments:
You've had a lovely busy month
Congrats on your successes. :) I am a "mature" student. LOL... but I'm not sure what advice I can give. I'd say just allow time to write lots of notes and take it one step at a time while you get used to getting back into school. :) Good luck! You should totally go for it.
Great job on the weight loss! I love the family hand print tree . . . so colorful and happy.
Rinda
What a fun way to document a month! Looks like it was a good one!
Sounds like a fun filled month, and 1 is better than 3?! ;) re the kids!
Enjoy March see you next month X
Congrats on the new car and yes, I confirm that the older you get the faster time goes, really! ;)
what a successful month of achievements you have had. good luck with you study
Hi Dawn. Sounds like a very positive and successful month!
I was actually considered a mature student at Uni when I started at 22! Imagine! But, working in Uni for the last 7 years I've seen all kinds of students, from all kinds of backgrounds / family situations absolutely thrive on the new challenge. In fact, I would say that it's often the older ones who contribute more to discussions etc. Best of luck with your plans.
I love the family tree too - and 'messy crafts' sound perfect!
Your post is on the board now: http://pinterest.com/notesonpaper/my-month-in-numbers/
Have a great March.
Julie :-)
Busy busy busy Dawn - well done on a great month and especially on the SW losses - a very healthy way to lose weight IMO ... I'm at 1.5 stone now ... another stone to go I think!
I love the family tree! Congrats on the weight loss!! I have recently started the journey and know it can be difficult some days.
Post a Comment