Wednesday, 29 August 2012

The Height of Summer!

I've never really been comfortable with my height as being taller than average makes you stand out more and get noticed something which I've not always wanted to do.I'm 5' 10! I've also found it difficult buying clothes especially trousers and maxi dresses as they always end up too short! 
But having read Julie's Height of summer post I though it would be interesting to journal my thoughts here and find out if there are any bloggers that are taller than me! 


I've also predicted the actual heights my 2 young son will end up being so thought I might as well journal that here too, so I've got a record! Here they are posing next to the gold post box painted in honour of Bradley Wiggins after he won the time trial in the recent London 2012 Olympics!
Ds2 on the left I have predicted will be 6'5 and DS1 will be 6'1, will be interesting to see if my predictions are correct!
They are currently 3'1 and 3'5 aged 15 months and 3yrs 3 months!

So how tall are YOU???

6 comments:

Julie Kirk said...

But how tall are you??? You didn't say!

I think everyone at the other end [my end] of the scale will wholly sympathise with you on the clothing struggle front - just in the opposite direction.

Thanks for joining in! You're on the board http://pinterest.com/notesonpaper/the-height-of-summer-2012/ and if you let me know your height - I'll drop you in the chart too.

Julie :-)

Lisa-Jane said...

I'm a shortie! I have the opposite problems to you with clothing - everything drags on the floor!

humel said...

Love that you got that shot with the gold postbox - do you know how long it will stay gold? I'd love to see one myself but will have to seek one out - I'm wondering how long I've got to do so!!

alexa said...

Probably not as tall as you - but couldn't see any way of judging just how tall you are! As a shortie, I always wanted more height :). Love that gold postbox, and they look very sweet ...

Unknown said...

I also joined in with Julie's Height of Summer. I was always head and shoulders above my friends. It was predicted that I would be 5'10" but thankfully I never grew into my legs and I stopped growing at thirteen just under 5'7". But my legs are long and it makes buying trousers in some of the places I have lived almost impossible. My husband is 6' and our legs are almost the same length :-)
Both my boys will probably hit the 6' mark.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Your boys are adorable - did you ever confess your height?
Rinda