Can't believe it's my 2nd Mother's Day. The day didn't start out to well with me waking at 6.50am then finding Callum awake when I went back upstairs at 8am but I let him watch TV and play in our room for a bit and eventually Clive woke up and bought him downstairs. I had a quick doze and then came down to find Clive had made me Cheese on Toast although I only ate half (Callum decided he wanted the rest).
We eventually organised ourselves and went to a pub for Carvery Lunch and then we drove into Manchester for a visit to the Manchester Museum. Callum loved looking at the Live reptiles and the stuffed bird displays. Think he would have enjoyed the stuffed mammal display but it was closed as their opening a new gallery later this month. Will have to have a return visit in the not to distant future.
Clive bought a card today at Tesco and after helping Callum to write in it, I noticed the wording in the inside said Happy Birthday! It was in the Mother's Day Card display so I had to laugh!
Clive was the official photographer for the day but I've just asked and he didn't manage to get any pictures of me with Callum, will have to get some belated ones tomorrow.
Do you have any funny stories of Mother's Day past or present?
2 comments:
I laughed about the card, I guess it is the thought that counts.
Happy Mothers day!
Oh dear Dawn - don't forget it's DH's 2nd time of "helping" organise Mother's Day too ... it takes practice! I blogged about some of the gifts/treats I've had - believe me a Birthday card is the least of your problems!
Post a Comment